Had a great adult's weekend with friends in Sheridan, Texas. We camped at Splashway Water Park and Campground and there was so much to do while we were there, we never left. The shade and the breeze were wonderful even though the temps hovered around 100° for the highs. The park is large and spread out and has lots of greenspace, so we walked around with Pepper or drove around in the Kapel's golf carts. Dogs are allowed everywhere except in buildings or in the Water Park. Pepper liked being able to hang out with us most of the time. Added a new location to my Camping Adventures map. Look at this site! You can't get any closer to the entrance of the Water Park.
We'll think about getting a season pass for next year and coming more often. Would like to check out their Wine Festival, Car Show or Halloween activities. It's a great place for kids, but not JUST for them. Adults can have just as much fun there.
Check In: 3 pm Check Out: 2 pm
- 🚻 Restrooms / 🚿 Showers in several locations - I loved the wood decor
- 🧺 Laundry facility in Section A
- 🐕 Big Off-leash dog park with small trees, benches and automatic waterer
- 🛒 Store has RV accessories, groceries, souvenirs and Coffee Bar w/pastries, Blue Bell, Dippin' Dots. Smoothies, Frappes, Lattes, Icees…
- 🍽 Several eateries on site in waterpark and campground. The food at The Hideaway is great. Fresh, never frozen beef and chicken. Homemade type food.😋
- ⛺ Group Camping sites and Bunkhouses
- 🌐 Munzees around the Park
- 🚶🏻♀️ Large campground with lots of green space - can walk around it or use bikes or golf carts
- 🛴 Lots of activities for kids outside the water park - jumping pads, playground, swimming, paddle carts, open area is great for remote control cars, basketball,volleyball, tether ball, gaga ball, kayaking, outdoor movie, super size chess/checker sets, putt putt golf, laser tag, etc.
- 🌊 Ponds for kayaking, paddle boarding, paddle boats, swimming
- 🚲 Rentals available for bikes, kayaks and golf carts
- 🦆 Ducks, squirrels
- 👩🏻💼 Staff was very friendly, cheery and informative
📋 Site #C1
- 🔙 Back In - was the first site in section C - at the corner of the campground/entrance to Water Park/Adventure Station/Camp Store and section A. Was very busy with other campers coming in, bikes and golf carts. Had to stop traffic to back in. Wide enough for 2 vehicles.
- 🅿 Site Pad: gravel, mostly level, tree at the back end
- 💧 Water - good pressure, faucet about a foot or so above ground
- ⚡ Electric max 50 amp - no issues with power
- 💩 Sewer - threads in good condition, slightly downhill so everything flows nice
- 🔥 Tall Fire Ring w/Grate
- Picnic Table - wooden
- Spacing - no one on back side, a little space on front side, plenty of room between row behind us
- Shade all day
- Could see and hear live music at The Hideaway from the campsite.
My total cost for 2 nights: 💲153 = Avg $76.50/night
💜 Highlights of this trip:
- 🏊🏻♀️ Waterpark was fun and relaxing until area lightning made everyone get out. Lazy river, wave pool, multiple slides and shoots, food trucks, etc. Cabanas available to rent - have your beer delivered to you. Lots of tables with umbrellas and a large covered pavilion, so there's several ways to escape the sun for a bit. ⛱
- 🍽 The Hideaway had good food and good live music with an area to dance. Seating on the patio or outside. Can buy beer and wine as well. 🍺🍷
- The food was so good, we ate there the second night instead of having our usual steak night
- The live music was nice and we danced to Cody Ray Henry on Friday and The Barditch Hippies on Saturday. Nice stage.
- Campground breakfasts 🍳
- Walking around the grounds with Pepper or riding in the golf cart with our friends
- 👩🏻🐕 Camping with friends and Pepper
- 🚘 208 miles round trip - 9.5 mph - so much to do, the truck never left the campsite
|No kids - but we still had chocolate milk!|
🛒 Be sure to check out my Gadgets & Gear
to see some of my favorite RV and Camping products from Amazon
(and some for the Sticks N Bricks, too)
Video to come...