We headed out for a 3-night stay for 4th of July weekend with friends (and family of one of my friends). Checked off another park from the bucket list. It was an amazing, fun and relaxing time. This park is highly recommended by Tom & Stacie of RV Texas Y’all and I can see why. I'll have to come back in Winter and check it out in the off season. I like staying more than just 2 nights in a location, so this was a nice extended weekend.
The park was nice and had great amenities, but many times, what makes a great trip is the company you keep. Had a blast with my friends! (No pun intended) Laughter is good medicine.
📋 Site #32:
🅿 Site Pad: level, concrete, long enough for camper and truck, wide enough to have a little extra on each side
💧 Water - pressure seemed a little low but manageable
⚡ Max amp: 50
💩 Sewer connections were in good condition
Picnic Table was all wooden with a concrete pad area attached to parking pad
Had issues with the power tripping using the 30 amp, ended up switching to the 50 amp side with the 30 amp adapter UPDATE: I think it may be a faulty surge protector.
📝 Park Notes:
Type of Park: Private (Good Sam)
Check In: 1 pm Check Out: 12 pm
🧺 Laundry facility
🐕 Off-leash dog park
🛒 Store with RV essentials, snacks, souvenir items, ice
🌊 Pools - adult and kid outdoors, indoor pool, splash pad, lazy river, across the street from beach access
⛳Putt-putt golf course, basketball, shuffleboard, volleyball
🍔Food truck on site - everything from hamburgers to poboys to funnel cakes
👩🏻💼 Staff was friendly and helpful, including the owner, Ron Gustafson, who checked our power pedestal himself when we had issues
Regular cost per night varies by weekday/weekend/holiday
Discount:Good Sam 10%
My Total Cost for 3 nights over Independence Day weekend: 💲207
In the Area:
Dollar General and convenience stores nearby
15 minutes to Galveston - shops, dining, bars, Moody Gardens
💜 Highlights of this trip:
- Pool and lazy river in the park, walking on the beach and watching area fireworks displays
- Golf Cart Parade in the park for 4th of July
- Trip into Galveston to shop and enjoy the seawall. Drove through The Strand, but didn’t stop this time.
- Group breakfasts and dinners in the RV Park with friends/family
- Camping with friends. My son dog-sat this time. I don’t think she would have liked the fireworks.
- Good breeze most of the time. No ‘skeeters.
- 🚘 355.8 miles round trip - 9.9 mph