I had a pretty decent camping adventures listing for 2021 with Matilda Mae. I camped solo sometimes, with a group of friends sometimes and I even camped with strangers who are no longer strange…well at least I know them now. 🤣 Some outings were just for camping, others were in order to hit the dances and holiday events.
I like the "campgrounds" more than just "RV parks" (parking lots), but the campgrounds don't always have full hookups. I enjoy having trees and plenty of space between sites with a little privacy. I don't like having RVs stacked up side-by-side like sardines. My favorite place to visit so far is the Texas Hill Country.
Follow me on most social media with #nativtxntravels
Here's the 2021 recap:
Some outings were strung together - one campground to the next in the same "trip". Not bad for someone that works full-time (and not remote),
COE Parks - 5 nights
Private Parks - 31 nights
*Good Sam membership used at some
- Big Creek Marina & Campground Sites 54, 79, 99 (2x)
- Colorado Landing RV Park, Site 73 (Group rate, but they do take *GS)
- Guadalupe River RV Park & Campground, Site 34 (Ask about a discount if you're going to events at Anhalt Hall)
- Pioneer RV Resort* Sites 61, 147
- Skyline Ranch RV Park* Site 33 (2x)
- Texas 281 RV Park* Sites 4, 10
- The Western RV Park Sites 30, 32, 43
State Parks - 8 nights
I should have renewed my Texas State Parks Pass at the beginning of the year! I was without it until December.
- Blanco State Park, Site 13
- Lake Somerville State Park, Birch Creek Unit, Sites 23, 42, 73
- Lake Somerville State Park, Nails Creek Unit, Site 26
Boondockers Welcome - 5 nights
Est. $25/night, $35 for Full Hookups. I would like to try a few more of these when they are available. Since I'm also a host, next year's membership will be FREE. I started my membership in May. Since the sites are combined now, I did not add the Harvest Host membership this year, but it's an option. If you're interested, use this link to get 15% off your membership.
- 2 sites - sites not listed due to membership requirements
9.84 Average MPG with my 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado (2-wheel drive)
$1470.74 total spent for stays
$251.10 Savings - $132.85 after membership costs
$30.02 average per night <--Missed my goal by 2¢!
With my Texas State Parks Pass, I get a discount on anything in the park stores. These discounts are not included in my savings, so those are just extra bonuses.