Big Creek Marina & Campground, Lake SomervilleNorth Shore, Park Road 4
March 5-7, 2021 - 2 Nights
Type of Park: Private-owned
Check In: 4p Check Out: 3p
Site #99 - Back-In$30 per night
- 20/30 amp
- Grill - good shape
- Fire Ring With flip top grate. Not all sites have them.
- Picnic Table
- Hook on pole for light, etc
- Very close to restrooms/showers
- Large site. Plenty of room for multiple slides.
- No trees to avoid
- Good area for camping in groups
- Good view of the Lake. Site is almost parallel with the Lake instead of perpendicular like most of the other sites. Camper faces setting sun.
- Close to good swimming areas
- Can bring golf carts, ATV's (machines with steering wheels, not handle bars)
- No shade or wind break
📝 Park Notes:
- Gates closed and locked from midnight to 6 am on weekends. Closed at 10 pm on week days.
- Dump Station - a little hard to get to for big rigs. Also hard to leave the park from there. You may have to go back into the park to turn around.
- Park Store - has fishing bait and supplies, too
- Sites on this loop have crushed granite in the pad sites
- The pavilion is available to rent for up to 60 guests
- There is a Places Munzee here
- Birds: LOTS of Robins, Kestrel, Cormorants, Mud Hens, Pelicans, Osprey, Sandhill Cranes (flying over)
FridayFilled both tanks with propane since they were mostly depleted from the big freeze. Mama followed me out and decided to stay the night. It was her first overnight trip with me in the camper. Drove around the park and took her to the store. Only a handful of campers out here today so the campground was very quiet. The lake is a little low right now. Very windy tonight! It was rocking the camper. The TV is working well with the Chromecast and Discovery+ with the MiFi. We turned in early. It got COLD during the night, so I got up and turned the heater on. It helped. Thank goodness for the propane!
Mama and Daddy decided to come back for steak night. We drove around the park first and saw a few deer and the Osprey. Finally the wind died down so we were able to make a fire in the fire ring. It was a real clear night and a lot of stars were out. It’s supposed to get into the low 40s tonight. After they left I sat by the fire for a while. The frogs were singing up a storm and then the coyotes joined in.
It was a nice weekend. It would have been better without all the wind, but it is what it is.